Monday, July 13, 2015

My Struggle With Severe Anxiety

It all started when I was a young boy and my parents flew away for the summer, I was left alone with my grandmother for a few months and I hated every minute of it. My grandmothers house was very old and she never had an air conditioner so it was always roasting hot in the summer time. One day I was sitting alone in the guest room thinking about my life when all of a sudden I got this sudden feeling that I was going to die, my heart started pounding so fast I didn't know what to do. I couldn't breathe and felt like my chest was getting tighter. This came out of absolutely nowhere and I was pretty convinced I was having a heart attack. I went to go tell my grandmother and she told me that I was fine and that I was just overreacting over nothing. If she could only feel what I was going through she would understand. After hours of feeling like this I finally convinced her to take me to the hospital. My heart was beating so fast still the doctors told me it was the highest they had ever seen. They told me I had just had my first anxiety attack and said congratulations to me like I had just won some type of prize or something. They gave me some anti anxiety meds and sent me on my way home.

That was the very first time I had an anxiety attack, after that day my life changed completely and I have been having attacks frequently. That was 17 years ago, I lived with anxiety for a solid 15 years and at one point I actually considered killing myself. I know its stupid and I never went through with it because I know its wrong. Today I am living a happy and healthy life. my anxiety is almost fully gone and I only have attacks every now and then. I have figured out breathing techniques that helped me to overcome everything. Nothing feels better than overcoming a demon that you have been dealing with since you were a child, absolutely nothing! So now that you have listened to my story you can start getting motivated to change yourself for the better and get rid of your anxiety as well. Please read more of my blog posts for updates, tips, remedies and tools that I have used to treat and erase anxiety from my life. I promise you that you will start to feel better very soon. :)




No comments:

Post a Comment